Dwarf crimson-flowered sage (Salvia roemeriana)
In this article
Where to plant
Let’s now see where to plant Dwarf crimson-flowered sage (Salvia roemeriana). What types of gardens and where this plant is normally grown.
It tolerates being planted in different orientations. But if possible, plant dwarf crimson-flowered sage in a east facing or south facing garden.
It has numerous uses in gardening and landscaping. Salvia roemeriana can work very well in gardens of different styles:
- City & Courtyard Gardens – usually small gardens, these gardens need smart designs to work well as they have to allow areas to relax, play and entertain;
- Coastal gardens – are gardens along the coast, typically very exposed to sun and wind;
- Informal Gardens – have a free design and close to the nature aspect. The lines are smoother and more fluid and the planting is less rigid;
- Mediterranean Gardens – can be formal or informal, and are inspired by the vegetation and materials of the hot, dry climates of the Mediterranean region;
- Patios, balconies and containers – gardens confined to the space next to buildings where the cultivation is done in pots and containers;
dwarf crimson-flowered sage is often applied in flower borders and bedding – creating compositions in the garden; but also wall-side borders – that create a very specific microclimate;.